Hubert man arrested on meth related drug charges and more
Onslow County Sheriff’s Office
717 Court Street ∙Jacksonville, NC 28540
(910) 989-4055 or (910) 989-4070
RELEASE DATE: 12/18/2018
A Jacksonville man has been arrested on numerous drug charges.
On December 13, 2018 Onslow County Sheriff’s Office Drug Enforcement Unit (DEU) detectives assisted the U.S. Marshals with an investigation of a person wanted on outstanding warrants. During the investigation a Task Force Officer with the Marshal’s Service stopped a vehicle being driven by Matthew S. Lutz. During the interaction with Lutz it was discovered that the Lutz was in possession of a significant amount of methamphetamine and cash.
As the investigation continued, additional narcotics and cash were located inside the suspect’s vehicle. Matthew S. Lutz was arrested, transported to the magistrate’s office and charged with:
- Felony Possession with Intent to Manufacture/Sell/Deliver Methamphetamine
- Felony Maintain a Vehicle/Dwelling/Place for Controlled Substances
- (2) Counts Felony Probation Violation (Order for Arrest)
- Misdemeanor Possess Marijuana Paraphernalia
- Misdemeanor Possess Marijuana Up to ½ Oz
- Misdemeanor Possess Drug Paraphernalia
- Misdemeanor Larceny (Order for Arrest)
- Fictitious/Altered Title/Registration Card/Tag
- Driving While License Revoked
During the investigation 22.7 grams of methamphetamine and $2,779.50 in U.S. currency was seized.
Lutz, 35-years-old of Riggs Road, Hubert is currently in the Onslow County Detention Center under a $116,000 secured bond awaiting his first court appearance.
Anyone with information about this incident may contact Onslow County Sheriff’s Office at 910-455-3113, Detective J. Marshburn at 910-989-4041, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or Crime Stoppers at 910-938-3273. Please refer to case 2018019890 when calling.
Crime Stoppers offers cash reward of up to $2,500 for information that is deemed of value or assistance to law enforcement. Information can also be anonymously texted via Text-A-Tip by typing TIP4CSJAX and your message to 274637 (CRIMES). Callers to Crime Stoppers may remain anonymous and never have to reveal their identity.