OPERATION “NIGHTMARE BEFORE CHRISTMAS”
On Friday, December 21, 2018, members of the Onslow County Sheriff’s Office Drug Enforcement Unit conducted “Operation Nightmare Before Christmas.” This operation was the result of nearly a one-year operation targeting subjects in and around Onslow County that are possessing, using, and distributing narcotics such as heroin, methamphetamine, cocaine, crack cocaine, marijuana and narcotics-based prescription pills.
This operation was conducted with the help of the Naval Criminal Investigative Service Camp Lejeune Field Office, North Carolina Adult Probation & Parole Jacksonville Field Office and internal divisions within the Onslow County Sheriff’s Office Warrant Squad, Uniform Patrol Division, Crime reduction Team-2, Training Division, and Detective Division.
Operation Nightmare Before Christmas sought (27) targets on a wide variety of criminal charges. During this operation the following results were documented:
(17) targets located and taken into custody
(3) targets located in custody of the North Carolina prison system on unrelated criminal offenses
(1) target unrelated to this operation arrested as a probation absconder
(1) target unrelated to this operation arrested on (5) outstanding felony & misdemeanor charges
The Drug Enforcement Unit opened (4) new criminal investigations, seizing the following;
(4.3) grams of crack cocaine
(6) grams of powder cocaine
(1) Gram of Marijuana
(6.5) dosage units of Xanax pills
(13) dosage units of Alprazolam
(4) dosage units of Hydrocodone pills
(26) grams of heroin