Wilbur Leon Farrior, 58-years-old, previously of 120 Vinka Street, Maple Hill was arrested by Onslow County Sheriff’s Office Drug Enforcement Unit on November 2, 2017 and charged with the following criminal offenses:
- Trafficking Opium/Heroin by Possession
- Trafficking Opium/Heroin by Manufacturing
- Trafficking Opium/Heroin by Sale
- Trafficking Opium/Heroin by Delivery
- Manufacturing Schedule II Controlled Substance
- Sell Schedule II Controlled Substance
- Delivery Schedule II Controlled Substance
- Felony Maintaining a Dwelling to Sell a Controlled Substance
- Possession of Drug Paraphernalia
On April 29, 2019, jury selection began in the trial of Farrior for above listed criminal offenses. On May 2, 2019, the seated jury found Farrior guilty of all (9) counts listed above as outlined in the indictments. Based on Farrior’s previous criminal history, a single count of Habitual Felon was added, in which Farrior entered a guilty plea. Superior Court Judge Phyliss Gorham sentenced Farrior to an active sentence of 140 months to 192 months imprisonment within the North Carolina Department of Corrections.
The criminal investigation was conducted by Det. J. Marshburn, Det. G. De La Rosa, and Sgt. A. Barrera of the Onslow County Sheriff’s Office Drug Enforcement Unit. Assistant District Attorney Seth Sholar prosecuted the criminal offenses for District Attorney Ernie Lee.
Crime Stoppers offers cash reward of up to $2,500 for information that is deemed of value or assistance to law enforcement. Information can also be anonymously texted via Text-A-Tip by typing TIP4CSJAX and your message to 274637 (CRIMES). Callers to Crime Stoppers may remain anonymous and never have to reveal their identity.